Li-Fraumeni Syndrome Facts:
- LFS “core” cancers are breast, brain, sarcoma and adrenocortical, but LFS can cause cancer anywhere at any age.
- 50% of LFS cancers occur before age 30.
- New cancers from radiation treatment are more likely in people with LFS.
- Men with LFS have a 73% lifetime chance of developing cancer.
- Women with LFS have a nearly 100% lifetime chance of cancer.
- People with LFS can have multiple types of cancer throughout their lives, or even at one time.
- For people with LFS, the risk of developing a second cancer is 57%. The risk of a third, 38%.